June 09 2020 – Nife Yemi
As we mature in age, unfortunately, most of the structures and functions of our body components become less ideal. Nowhere are those age-related changes easily seen as on our skin. Your skin regenerates itself to replenish dead cells occurring as normal sequence of body growth and development (apoptosis). This natural function of skin diminishes with age. As the most external body organ, the skin is our mirror for viewing progression and effects of age.
Besides dryness, other notable skin changes commonly seen in adults as they age include: wrinkles, prominent expression lines, dull complexion, rough texture, uneven tone, visible pores, hyperpigmented & discolored spots, stretch marks, saggy skin folds around the face due to loss of subcutaneous fat, thinning of outermost skin layer (epidermis), fragile and easily bruised skin, benign skin outgrowths and skin cancer. The appearance and severity of these skin changes depend on factors such as heredity, lifestyle, diet and personal habits. Smoking is known to produce free radicals that can cause skin damage linked to early appearance of wrinkles. Dry and aging skin can also be attributed to excessive alcohol drinking. Exposure to sunlight’s harmful UV radiations can cause skin damage, premature skin aging (photoaging) and skin cancer.
Skin dryness is a constant source of worry for mature-age people. Loss of sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin as we age and reduced production of oily secretion (sebum) from these glands is the main cause of dry skin in mature age. Loss of sweat glands also contribute to dryness of mature skin. The water in sweat and oil in sebum provide the skin natural hydration and moisturization. Dry mature skin is usually itchy and easily cracks. Making things worse is loss of skin elasticity and density which makes the skin less effective as a barrier against germs and irritants. This increases the likelihood of irritation, inflammation and infection.
Since aging is a progressive and unavoidable process, you can neither stop your body from aging nor halt the associated skin changes. You can, however, apply conventional wisdom and skincare products to delay and reduce some of these changes. We have high quality natural skincare products specially formulated to help you address the worrisome cosmetic problems of dry mature skin. Our Green Caviar & Champagne Essence (Skin Smoothing and Brightening with Vitamin C & AHA) is custom-made for dry, dehydrated and mature skin types. It is formulated with 100% plant-based, natural ingredients that moisturize, nourish, repair, smoothen, brighten, heal and replenish dry mature skin. These combined actions of the essential ingredients regenerate dry mature skin to glow with natural radiance of a healthy, well moisturized, evenly toned, supple and soft skin.
To maximize the benefits of our high-performing mature skincare products and take care of various mature skin problems, here are some helpful DIY actions and skincare routine:
- Drink enough quantity of water daily to meet your daily requirements and replace any ongoing fluid loss. Older adults are advised to drink as much water as younger adults at recommended level of eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Adequate water intake prevents dehydration and maintains good skin hydration.
- Apply our recommended mature skincare product after shower for better absorption of essential ingredients and to maximize retention of moisture.
- Periodically exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells and buildup of debris. This enables the skin to absorb essential ingredients in our skincare product for high impact.
- Avoid undue exposure to sunlight’s UV radiations to prevent skin dryness, premature skin aging and skin cancer.
- Exercise regularly and eat healthily for general wellbeing and skin health.
- Maintain a good work-life balance and positive life perspective to promote stress reduction and quality mental health.
- Visit your physician to check out appearance of skin nodules or unfamiliar skin eruptions.This is a preventive health measure for early detection of skin cancer and other serious skin problems of mature age.
As you can see there are many things you can do to help promote and extend the look of youthful, moisturized skin. And we are making it even easier for you to get started. Through the month of May, we are giving you Our Green Caviar & Champagne Essence (Skin Smoothing and Brightening with Vitamin C & AHA) for FREE when your purchase total equals or exceeds $125. Here’s to supple amazing skin forever!
Tagged: all-natural, allnatural, allnaturalremedies, athome, beauty, Beauty Blog, Beauty Tips, black skincare, black women, blackskincare, clearskin, detoxify, deydration, diy, DIY beauty, DIY skincare, dry skin, dryskin, flawless, flawlessskin, glowingskin, greenbeauty, healthy skin, hydrate, hyperpigmentation, ingredientsmatter, mature skin, matureskin, melanin, moisture, MoistureSuperstar, mybutterbar, natural, natural allnatural, Natural SKincare, naturalbeauty, naturalremedies, nochemicals, rawnaturalskincare, safeskincare, selfcare, skin, skin health, skin resolutions, skincare, Skincare Tips, skincaretips, SkinTips, skintone, toxin free skincare, water, women