October 04 2019 – Tyra Johnson-Brown
What exactly is detoxing? We do it for our body, mind, and soul at times. But what does it mean to detox your skin? Well, it's really no different than any other detox! It is literally the process of removing impurities, dead skin/cells, toxins, and pollutants from your skin and revitalizing your skin back to...well closer to...its normal state. Our skin reacts to a hosts of irritants and pollutants that we don’t even realize, and guess what, it absorbs most of it! Right into your face...gross! I mean think about it, your skin can be easily exposed to cigarettes, stress, product buildup, and air pollution.
Without detoxing, all of these impurities stay buried under your skin, causing it to be dry, oily, and/or dull. So what do you do? Well, we know detox is the answer so the real question is how?
- Eat clean - Eating lots of fruits and vegetables and drinking at least eight glasses of water a day helps your skin flush out toxins from the inside.
- Cleanse your skin daily (morning and evening at least)
- Exfoliate - Use a natural scrub (no smaller than sugar) to massage dead cells, dulling, and toxins deep within.
- Dry skin brushing - Dry brushing your skin with a firm-bristled brush before showering can also help remove dead skin cells, stimulate lymphatic fluid and improve circulation to rid skin of impurities.
- Detoxing masks - Activated charcoal is one of the best detoxifiers for your body and face to help absorb deep-dwelling dirt and impurities.
- Hydrate - Complete your detox regimen by keeping your skin's moisture levels balanced. Opt for a moisturizer that contains Hyaluronic Acid which can help lock in optimum hydration levels.
That doesn’t sound too bad right? Detoxing is actually much simpler than it probably sounds. But now that you know how to detox your skin, let’s explore some of the amazing benefits it provides. Detoxing not only draws toxins out of the skin surface but will rejuvenate and improve skin appearance while removing toxins and impurities deeply embedded inside your skin. This in turn helps clean your skin’s pores, blackheads, blemishes, and irritation and improves skin tone for clearer and brighter skin. Detoxing also hydrates the skin, firms and tightens skin and as a result your skin will feel and look younger! Now that’s A LOT of benefits to your skin for a little bit of effort. Detoxes are completely worth your time and energy if your want a clearer, brighter glow on your face...and your life!
Check out one of our favorite detoxes: the D.E.E.P Skin Detox Box!
Tagged: all-natural, allnatural, allnaturalremedies, athome, bblogger, beauty, Beauty Blog, beautyblogger, BeautyTips, black skincare, blackskincare, clearskin, detox, detoxbox, DIY skincare, flawless, flawlessskin, glowingskin, greenbeauty, ingredientsmatter, natural allnatural, naturalbeauty, naturalremedies, nochemicals, safeskincare, selfcare, skin, skincare, Skincare Tips, skincaretips, skindetox, skintone, toxin free skincare, women