Have you ever woken up to those pesky dark circles under your eyes? If you have, you know that they are not a good look or a good feeling. You try to find ways to cover them up, and sometimes makeup just isn’t enough, but you apply it as best as you can, and hope for the best. But sometimes, you need a more lasting solution.
Under eye bags, which can start to show as early as our 30s, are caused by several factors, including genetics, collagen loss, dehydration, and lack of sleep. You could be simply under the weather, or perhaps are dealing with a nutrition issue.
5 Easy Under-Eye Home Remedies
A completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes - almond oil. It can help to lighten dark circles. Combine almond oil with vitamin E oil and your dark circles will be history. Plus, these ingredients are most likely something that’s a staple in your household.
- Before hitting the sack, apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin.
- Leave the oil on overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water next morning.
- Repeat this every day until your dark circles are gone.
Remember those Hollywood movies where women are seen relaxing at a spa with cucumber slices on their eyes? Well, there’s a reason beyond gloss. With skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, cucumbers are completely equipped to fix those raccoon eyes. Better yet, they are soothing and refreshing too.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the area thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
Potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents and used raw, they help lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
- Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to extract the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes.
- Make sure the juice covers the dark circles entirely.
- Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
There’s a reason mothers always advise their children to rinse their eyes with Rose Water when they’re sore. It not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
Tomato, the fruit that’s used like a vegetable, is known to naturally possess powerful bleaching properties that can lighten skin very effectively.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off well with cool water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
What About Eye Serums?
While under eye bags can develop with aging, creams and serums can help offset the appearance of under-eye puffiness and dark circles,
Our Undereye Dark Circle Serum will brighten and diminish shadows under the eyes. You want to select a skin care product that is made to naturally lighten dark circles without harmful synthetics that can cause irritation.