Tired of having dry skin in the morning? Well start moisturizing at NIGHT!
If you struggle with dry skin, you'll definitely benefit with a night time routine. Studies show it's best to prep your skin the night before to build the hydration in the skin so your melanin will stay balanced and moisturized. You can reverse your dry skin by following these few steps:
1. Remove Dirt and Makeup - Removing off your makeup is essential before you start your night-time routine. Use an oil-based cleanser to remove your makeup, this helps thoroughly dissolve the makeup before you wash it.
2. Exfoliate Your Skin - Do this step no more than twice a week. Exfoliating or scrubbing helps get rid of dead skin cells and makes your skin smooth and soft. Always use a moisturizing face scrub or exfoliator to clean your face.
3. Cleanse Your Skin - If you have dry skin, you need to use a mild, gentle, and hydrating face wash to cleanse your skin. It's best to wash your face for at least 60 seconds.
4. Apply Toner - Next, your skin needs to be protected from environmental factors and facial toners help to balance the pH levels of your skin. It shrinks and tightens your pores to reserve hydration.
5. Moisturize - Lastly, this is the most crucial step! After you apply your toner, immediately massage it with a moisturizer. Always apply moisturizer within 3 minutes of washing your face and on damp skin.
Following these steps will help your skin stay hydrated throughout the day. Natural ingredients work best for dry skin, so when looking for a product check for hydrating ingredients like Shea Butter, Coconut, or Watermelon.