It's no secret that a lot of over the counter products carry a lot of cancerous compounds. In the beauty industry there are hundreds of popular name brand products that can be harmful, in fact, deadly to the human body. Nowadays, everybody wants to be the definition of flawless and cosmetic companies are aware. As natural beauty advocates we believe that natural beauty is best when it using plant-based products for clean results. Most beauty companies are willing to go to incredible lengths to make their products the best and efficient, even if it kills their clients.
There are a lot of over the counter cosmetic lines that are unsafe. Checking product ingredients are highly encouraged when purchasing hair care, makeup, or body washes. They may seem harmless while using, but in the long haul it can build a lot of health issues. Here is a list of different toxins or ingredients that are not beneficial to the human body.
- Para Aminobenzoic Acid
- Foods like grains, eggs, milk, yeast, mushrooms, and meat.
- Octyl Salicylate
- Organic compound used as an ingredient in sunscreens and cosmetics to absorb UVB (ultraviolet) rays from the sun. It is sometimes colorless and oily with a slight floral odor.
- Found in toothpaste, breath fresheners, lip balm, mouthwash, and sunscreens.
- Organic compound used to block UVB and UVA waves in sunscreen, lip balm, and cosmetic creams.
- Organic compound used in sunscreens and other cosmetic and beauty products with a sunscreen or SPF component because of its ability to block UVB rays.
- Organic compound used in sunscreens, lip balm, moisturizers, and cosmetic creams. *Found in 45% of U.S. sunscreens used today.
- Menthyl Anthranilate
- Compound used for flavoring candy, soft drinks, chewing gum, and nicotine products.
- Octocrylene is a UVB and UVA absorber found in sunscreen, lip balm, and cosmetic creams.
- Found in many makeup, moisturizers, hair-care products, and shaving creams. It is also known to enter the body with pharmaceuticals, foods, and beverages.
There are many more carcinogens we could name but these are the main most popular that we wanted to create awareness. Always take time to do your research on foods and products you may ingest or apply on the body. When buying skincare products it is strongly encouraged to read the ingredients before purchasing.
It is important to check and do research on products to ensure you are making healthy choices. Reading and educating yourself on the products you put into or on your body is essential. Here at the Butter Bar we always encourage our Beauties to do their due diligence and understand what they are putting into their bodies.