November 07 2019 – Tyra Johnson-Brown
I’m voting for everything black! Especially when it's black seed oil and I could pour it over my whole life and be completely satisfied. Black is winning in many forms and one of my absolute favorites has to be Black seed, also known as, Black Cumin Oil. It is literally amazing and I don’t mean coconut oil amazing I mean like Melan-in Serum, liquid gold amazing! But don’t just take it from me, let me clue you in to its amazing benefits, you can be your own judge!
Let me start by explaining that Black seed oil contains thymoquinone, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound that may also have the power to reduce tumors. See, next level amazing already right? Black seed oil can be ingested in the form of capsules or applied topically to the skin. It is often added to massage oils, shampoos, homemade skin-care products, and fragrances and some high-quality black seed oil are also suitable for use in cooking, baking, and beverages.
Black seed oil benefits your body internally and externally, from head to toe. It hold benefits for weight loss, your skin, and your overall health. Let’s explore how shall we, you are the judge after all!
- Research has shown that black seed oil can aid in lowering your body mass index.
- Black seed oil can reduce the severity of hand eczema.
- The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects of black seed oil can improve acne.
- Black seed oil may also have antipsoriatic benefits, great for psoriasis.
- Black seed oil may also hydrate hair, soften skin, and act as a moisturizer.
- Cancer studies have shown that the thymoquinone in black seed oil can influence programmed cell death, or apoptosis, in several types of cancer cells including brain cancer, leukemia, and breast cancer.
- Black seed oil may reduce liver and kidney disease complications and improve organ structures.
- The oil may have antidiabetic properties and improve blood sugar levels, greatly benefiting people with diabetes.
- Infertility trials on men with infertility has found that black seed oil can improve sperm movement and increase sperm count/semen volume.
OK, READY, SET…..POUR! I am sure by now you see my reasoning for wanting to pour Black Seed Oil over everything and just watch it do its magic. Of course, now we know better and that all of that isn’t necessary to receive the amazingness that is :hits the whoa: Black seed oil. Black seed oil can be purchased in your local health, beauty, and even some grocery stores. However, you want to ensure you are purchasing raw, organic Black Seed Oil without additives. Did you know? Black seed oil can even come in the form of a mask?!
Check out our mask for beautiful glowing skin called the Turmeric and Black Seed Hyperpigmentation Balm.