Large pores on skin especially facial skin can become a breeding ground for bacteria, acne formation and oily skin. It is not possible to shrink the pores permanently, because pore size is genetic, however pores can be made less noticeable by many natural ways. So to a certain extent, you have to accept what you were given. But there are things you can do to minimize the appearance of your pores.
Egg white mask is an all natural mask which really works. Egg white tightens your skin and has acne fighting properties. Make a mask with 1 egg white and lemon juice and apply on your skin.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural astringent. It is used as a toner when diluted with water. Dip a cotton ball in water and apple cider vinegar and apply all over your face. This toner will naturally tighten your skin, shrink large pores and reduce inflammation due to acne. Try
- Yogurt is an amazing cleanser which clears your pores. The lactic acid in yogurt dissolves impurities in pores and tighten them. Take a tablespoon of yogurt and apply on your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes then wipe off with a wet wash-cloth and rinse. Yogurt will help reduce fine lines and prevent wrinkles.
- Avoid over washing your face as it dries out your face. You pores will produce more oil to compensate. Therefore, use a mild cleanser twice a day.
- Make a baking soda and water paste. Apply on your face and gently massage in circular motions. Rinse after 30 seconds. Baking soda is an inexpensive exfoliator which fights acne and blackheads. This will keep your pores clean.
- Exfoliate regularly. Use natural exfoliants such as sugar, oatmeal and scrubs such as those containing walnut shell.
- There are many pore minimizing primers available which help to reduce the appearance of large pores before applying make up.
- After taking hot shower, splash cold water on your face to close the pores or rub an ice cube directly on your face.