April 22 2016 – Kimberly-Chloe Wilson
If You haven't already read the previous post about external cystic acne treatment, go ahead and read it here.
To cure your acne completely you have to address the actual cause of your cystic acne.
Now let us discuss about how to cure your cystic acne completely.
1. Skin Detox:
A detox or internal cleanse is the vital first step to getting rid of acne. This will allow your system to reset itself and start working properly. The result?
Nutrients and water are absorbed properly, toxins are removed efficiently, hormones remain balanced and all this shows up in your glowing complexion.
1. It's important to prepare your body for a detox by including plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit and water for several days leading up to it.
2. You can do a juice fast - where you only drink fresh juices for 2 - 3days. You'll be getting the nutrients from the juice while letting your digestion organs rest and reboot.
3. A full fast gives the most dramatic results in the shortest time. One day is enough (more than enough!) to get your system starting to run as it should. Drink plenty of water and rest as much as you can.
4. It is possible to get the same effects without fasting, it will just take longer and the results might not be as dramatic. Cut out all dairy, sugar, refined carbohydrates, caffeine and alcohol for at least 2-3 weeks.
2. Diet Changes
The impact of diet on your whole body can't be ignored. If you truly want to get rid of cystic acne for good, you will need to make some changes - the results are well worth it.
1. Cutting out dairy completely can have a dramatic impact on all skin conditions, and particularly cystic acne. Try it for 2-3 weeks, for some people this is almost all they have to do to treat the condition for good.
2. An easy way to get a good amount of vitamins and nutrients is by drinking a vegetable smoothie everyday. Spinach, apple, cucumber and pineapple is a tasty combination - experiment with a few different ones until you find your favorite.
3. If you can't cut out sugar completely you need to understand the effects of it. Spikes in blood sugar levels disrupt hormones and have a direct effect on skin tissues and cells. Try to eliminate at least for 1 week, and then have it occasionally as a treat.
4. Gluten is a bit of a buzzword these days - but for some people with even a slight intolerance this shows up on their skin. Try cutting this out for a week or 2 and notice the effects.
5. It's a great idea to keep a 'food diary' when trying any changes with your diet to treat cystic acne. Notice the effects on your skin and energy levels.
3. Proper Supplementation
While a healthy diet can give us much of our nutrient requirements, there are some supplements worth taking:
1. Omega 3 - from fish oil or flaxseed. Been shown to have a stablizing effect on hormones, is very hydrating and good for mental health.
Take 1500mg - 3000mg a day with food.
2. Selenium - this mineral works as an antioxidant and some studies have shown a direct link between selenium deficiency and acne.
3. Probiotics - these increase the amount of good bacteria in the gut, which is responsible for preventing infections and absorbing nutrients from food. Probiotics can be very effective for treating cystic acne.
4. Stress Control
Stress has a direct impact on the functioning of your organs. Vital energy is used up and the results show on your skin.
1. Taking supplements such as Omega 3 above can have a soothing effect on balancing hormones and improving brain function
2. Gut health is directly related to mental health - so by taking the detox, diet and supplementation steps above you might find your stress is naturally controlled better.
3. Sometimes temporary stress is unavoidable - before exams or a job interview, deadlines for projects, illness, etc. Your acne might flare up during these times. It's important to pay particular attention to the lifestyle factors below and ask for support from those close to you.
As your skin continues to improve, set some goals that you may have been putting off, spend time with those you care about and realize that taking control of your acne is the jumping off step for a new found freedom. A freedom that you fully deserve.
Tagged: acne, acnefree, all-natural, allnatural, allnaturalremedies, athome, bblogger, beauty, beautyblogger, clearskin, cystic acne, flawless, flawlessskin, glowingskin, greenbeauty, hyperpigmentation, ingredientsmatter, natural, natural allnatural, naturalbeauty, naturalremedies, nochemicals, scars, skin, skincare, skincaretips, skintone, summerready