Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne.
- While acne is very common, cystic acne is relatively uncommon.
- Acne is not caused by chocolate, nuts or greasy foods, nor by poor hygiene.
- The main factor behind acne is the hormonal change in puberty, but the problem is also experienced by older age groups.
- Cystic acne can be painful, as well as emotionally distressing because of its effects on facial appearance.
- It is easy to diagnose and does not require any special tests.
- A drug taken orally for a number of months is successful against cystic acne but it can produce severe side-effects and has to be prescribed by registered specialists.However, there are many natural alternatives to help heal cystic acne, which we will discuss.
These factors can trigger or aggravate an existing case of acne:
Hormones. Androgens are hormones that increase in boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. Hormonal changes related to pregnancy and the use of oral contraceptives also can affect sebum production. And low amounts of androgens circulate in the blood of women and can worsen acne. Certain medications. Drugs containing corticosteroids, androgens or lithium can worsen acne.
Diet. Studies indicate that certain dietary factors, including dairy products and carbohydrate-rich foods — such as bread, bagels, and chips — may trigger acne. Chocolate has long been suspected of making acne worse. A recent study of 14 men with acne showed that eating chocolate was related to an increase in acne. Further study is needed to examine why this happens or whether acne patients need to follow specific dietary restrictions.
Stress. Stress can make acne worse.
If your acne is not severe, no specific treatment is required. You can follow simple tips to clear away your PCOS cystic acne:
Any external skin care involves three basic steps.
4 Basic Steps To Cystic Acne Skin Care:
Let me explain one by one…
1. Honey Cleansing
First wash your face with honey.
Message about half tablespoon of honey over your face with your fingers.
Then rinse your face.
Honey prevents cystic acne breakouts with its antibacterial property.
It also removes excess oil that is causing your acne.
Honey will cleans and moisturize your skin.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Toning
You can prepare Toner for your skin in your house. Apple cider vinegar is considered best for your cystic acne as it contains gentle exfoliating acids. These acids calm your acne and balance your skin pH.
Watch the following video to know how you can prepare Apple cider vinegar Toner in your kitchen.
3. Turmeric Mask
Turmeric is a spice used by the Indians in their foods and also used as face mask…
I can tell you with my experience that a regular practice of using turmeric as your face mask guarantees a clear acne free skin.
- Did you know why?
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties and therefore naturally relieves and roots out your cystic acne.
***IMPORTANT: Make sure to test on a small part of your skin first to see if you are Allergic to Turmeric
Applying a moisturizer to your face can prevent skin from drying out.You can ask your dermatologist to recommend the moisturizer which is suitable for your skin.
As I have already told, you have to fight the problem of PCOS cystic acne both externally as well as internally.
External skin care doesn’t cure the underlying cause of your cystic acne permanently. So in our next article we will discuss the internal solution to healing cystic acne.
For A Full External Solution Try: