Acne, Scars & Hyperpigmentation
If you have had troublesome acne from either hormonal puberty, pregnancy, or any other factor. You may have also experienced deep tissue scarring, called hyper-pigmentation.
I have, personally suffered from Acne & Acne Scars (Hyperpigmentation) since high school. Then. after going through 4 pregnancies that made my acne flare up, and my skin tone to dull, I found that nothing available on the market worked for my specific skin issues. I developed my own skin care regimen, that cleared my skin immediately, brightened and evened out my skin tone and scarring within 1 year! I will introduce you to that system in the end of this article, but for now, let's take a deeper look into Hyperpigmentation caused by acne:
What is Hyperpigmantation?
Acne is caused when excessive sebum is produced, blocking the skin's pores and allowing bacteria to get trapped within. The body's immune system attacks the bacteria leaving the skin around the area inflamed. Acne can be extremely discomforting and also cause cosmetic concerns. The market is rife with products that promise elimination of acne problems. However, most of these treatments will cost you money but not deliver the expected results.
Skin blemishes, also known as spots, hyperpigmentation, or scars, are the common result of acne outbreaks. For some people, skin blemishes are difficult to get rid of, detract from your physical appearance and over time can lead to the development of a poor self-image. Topical treatments for treating skin blemishes can be expensive.
Safe for all skin types, gentle and moisturizing, The Flawless Facial System is an alternative treatment for hyperpigmentation that actually does your skin some good.
Causes of hyperpigmentation?
At-Home Hyperpigmentation Treatments
There are several treatments available, like over-the-counter creams, chemical peels, laser treatment, etc. for fast recovery. If your condition is serious, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist. It is also a good idea to visit a dermatologist before selecting any of the over-the-counter skin pigmentation remedies. However, for those who don’t want to go for expensive, harsh or chemical loaded products, here are some natural remedies, which are quite effective and use only the natural ingredients available in the kitchen.
Home Remedies To Reduce Skin Pigmentation
1. Potato: Potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
2. Lemon Juice and Honey: Mix lemon juice and pure organic honey in equal proportions. Apply over the affected areas. Whereas lemon acts as natural bleach, the honey has moisturizing properties. However, as lemon is acidic so avoid this remedy in case you are having sensitive skin.
3. Aloe Vera juice or Aloe Vera juice + Vitamin E: Aloe Vera has natural soothing and healing properties. Squeeze out aloe Vera gel from an aloe Vera leaf and store this in a bottle in the refrigerator. Apply this gel over the affected areas for 20 minutes. It works to slough off older skin cells and regenerates the newer ones. To enhance its effectiveness break one vitamin E capsule and add its contents to the gel.
4. Milk and honey: Mix milk and honey. You may also add a little curd to this. Milk and curd have lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin. This natural remedy helps in reducing skin pigmentation.
5. Cucumber juice: Cucumber juice is an effective home remedy in removing skin pigmentation, lightening dark spots and fading blemishes. Apply the cucumber juice alone or mix it with honey and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this over the affected areas, regularly once a day, for half an hour and then wash it off.
6. Orange peel: Mix dry, powdered orange peel with cold milk (un-skimmed and un-boiled) and a little honey to make out a thick paste. Apply it gently over the pigmented skin and patches; let it sit there for half an hour then wash it off.
7. Tomato, Oatmeal and Yogurt: Tomato acts as natural bleach. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber.
Squeeze out tomato juice and add 2 tsp. of oatmeal and 1/2 tsp. of yogurt. Apply this mixture gently on the pigmented skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes to dry and then wash it off. This mixture works as an effective home remedy for removing skin pigmentation. Try this remedy daily to see the positive results.