5 Ways That Watermelon Boosts Your Skin Care Regime
We often think about watermelon as a refreshing snack, but did you know that this seasonal fruit is also fabulous for your skin?
Although eating watermelon can certainly benefit your skin and overall health from within, it also offers potent properties that can benefit your skin externally. That is why it's recommended that you not only include watermelon in your diet, but also in your skin regime.
The Top 5 Ways That Watermelon Supports Skin Health
Watermelon is not only the fruit of the summer, but it is also packed full of nutrients and key antioxidants. Known to protect everything from your heart to your brain, it is no surprise that this juicy delight can compliment your skin care regime.
Whether you would like to target the effects of aging or better control acne, it is important to look to nature. Plant-based ingredients, including watermelon, promote glowing skin without any of the side effects associated with harsher, chemical-based products.
Being over 90 percent water, this fruit also helps to keep you hydrated, making your skin glow. Both the juice and seeds from a watermelon are nutrient-dense, offering your body a natural source of essential vitamins and minerals.
Since watermelon is mostly water, you should always purchase seed-in varieties, as these little black seeds offer a rich source of micronutrients. Containing amino acids, B-vitamins, and even fatty acids, watermelon seeds, offer the following benefits:
- Helps cleanse your skin -- Whether you plan to combat acne or simply improve the overall appearance of your skin, the minerals in watermelon naturally cleanse and soothe.
- Offers anti-aging properties -- Rich in key antioxidants, including lycopene and carotene, these anti-aging molecules help prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Watermelon seed oil also helps prevent moisture loss, helping to maintain your skin's elasticity.
- Hydrates your skin -- When your skin is dehydrated, it begins to look dull. Watermelon keeps your skin looking glowing.
- Acts as a natural toner -- Loaded with vitamin A and vitamin C, watermelon acts as a great toner and astringent. Watermelon seed oil in particular has a light consistency, so it will not clog pores. In fact, it is known to unclog pores. In turn, your skin will look and feel revitalized.
- Reduces oil secretion -- Once again, this fruit's vitamin A content helps minimize pores, reducing excessive oil secretion. This is especially beneficial for those who suffer from acne.
The Use of Watermelon Seed Oil In Our Products
As discussed above, watermelon offers a wide range of beneficial properties. This is why we included watermelon seed oil within our unique collection. After all, it is never too early to begin practicing good skin care.
Helping to keep your skin glowing from the inside out, you can maintain soft, well-toned skin with these incredible skin care solutions -- all which feature watermelon seed oil, in addition to other highly beneficial, active ingredients:
- Melan-In Skin Nourishing Serum + SPF
- Melan-In Skin Nourishing Lotion + SPF 15
- Avocado-Grapeseed Beard, Face and Scalp Oil
The above products are complemented by everything from blueberry oil to organic papaya to enhance their effects.
At the end of the day, Michel Coulombe, a global makeup artist said it best, "Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means you can wear less makeup and let skin shine through."