Skin blemishes, also known as spots, , or scars, are the common result of acne outbreaks. When we purposely pop an acne pimple we cause too much melanin to develop while they are healing, these inflamed acne lesions become darker forming dark spots.
For some people, skin blemishes are difficult to get rid of, detract from your physical appearance and over time can lead to the development of a poor self-image. Topical treatments for treating skin blemishes can be expensive and some can even be dangerous.
Natural Ingredients To Reduce Hyperpigmentation:
1. Fruit Extracts & Enzymes- Fruit enzyme peels are a much gentler way to exfoliate, brighten, smooth age spots and hyperpigmentation, while preventing acne and blemishes. Purchase Pumpkin, Yam & Papaya Enzyme Mask Here
2. Licorice Root Extract- Licorice extract works not only on pigmentation but also on inflammation
3. Chia Seed - the rich source of linolenic acid and linoleic acid and was shown to inhibit melanin biosynthesis in melan-a-cells.
4. Sea Buckthorn Oil- Use of sea buckthorn oil can lighten dark spots and another kind of discoloration of the skin. The sea buckthorn oil contains a reasonable amount of linolenic acid and alpha-linolenic acid which help decrease hyperpigmentation. Purchase Sea Buckthorn Oil Here
5. Carrot Seed Oil- Beta-carotene present in this essential oil helps to remove pigmentation by hindering tyrosinase (an enzyme that produces melanin. This unique oil helps to reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots and even melasma. Purchase Carrot Seed Oil
6. Apple Cider Vinegar- amino acid, acetic acid, mineral salts and a wide range of vitamins. Active ingredient: sulfur!
7. Turmeric & Raw Honey- Mix together as a mask to fade dark spots quickly. Also keeps acne at bay! Purchase Turmeric Oil
8. Physical Exfoliators- buff away dead skin cells and reveal healthier, revitalized skin underneath.
9. Milk/Yogurt- lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin
10. Vitamin C- Vitamin C application has been shown to impede melanin production. This can help fade dark spots and lead to a more even-toned complexion. Purchase Serum Here
Bonus Tip: Sun Protection! - The melanocytes (cells that produce the pigment, melanin) become hyperactive with UV sun damage. This leads to darker patches on the skin and unevenness. It is essential to wear SPF to protect skin against this.
Natural Skincare Products For Reducing Hyperpigmentation: